Anjunabeats Volume 8 – Mixed by Above & Beyond
Written by Maximus Aurelius
June 10, 2010 9:28 am
Above & Beyond must be wondering what’s left to do, after all, the duo have played to 1 million on the beach at Rio De Janeiro, debuted their full live show in Beirut in front of 8,000 and more recently they were chosen to produce the soundtrack for the unveiling of Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo. However, at the forefront of A&B activity has always been their Anjunabeats label. Now with over 170 releases, the latest comes in the form of Volume 8 of the Anjunabeats signature compilation mix CD.
A journey showcasing the full spectrum of Above & Beyond’s sound, the compilation takes in electro-influenced grooves, deeper trance and hypnotic progressive textures alongside their trademark euphoric anthems. The CD also offers a tantalizing glimpse as to what to expect from A&Bs forthcoming second artist album through the instant emotional highlight that is “A Thing Called Love”, while “Anphonic”, a collaboration with German duo Kyau & Albert, provides a driving, direct to the senses club banger that promises to strip you bare and send you to the asylum.
Over 20 separate artists feature, making Anjunabeats Volume 8 a testament to the vital transatlantic family that the label now represents. Upcoming talents like Arty, Aruna and 7 Skies inspire fresh excitement. Andrew Bayer’s trio of deep, genre-blurring productions mark him out as one of the most exciting names to come through the ranks since Mat Zo, who himself features through his remix of ‘Live Forever’ by Lange feat. Emma Hewitt.
“Above & Beyond are producing to a standard that is lightyears into the future”
Of course, the album wouldn’t be complete without long-standing Anjuna favourites like Nitrous Oxide, Oliver Smith and Super8 & Tab – the latter appearing twice, also ahead of an eagerly anticipated artist album following releases of some of their most accomplished work yet. In the diaphanously crafted ‘Piece Of Me’, the legend that is Daniel Kandi has another timeless classic in the making and Dutchman Bart Claessen further adds to the glorious mix with the majestically, magically ascending ’90 Nights Of Summer’. Volume 8 also sees the first Anjuna appearance by Trance God Duderstadt with ‘Stranded in NYC.’ Who.Is, a collaborative project from Bart Claessen and Raz Nitzan also features.
In elegant fashion, as is so typical with the A&B trio, AB8 is a wonderfully assembled snapshot of the future.
1. Parker & Hanson “Alquimia”
2. Duderstadt “Stranded in NYC”
3. Aruna & Mark Eteson “Let Go”
4. Oliver Smith “Chordplay”
5. Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer “Keyboard Cowboys”
6. Above & Beyond vs. Kyau & Albert “Anphonic”
7. Arty “Rush”
8. Maor Levi feat. Ashley Tomberlin “Chasing Love”
9. Super8 & Tab feat. Anton Sonin “Black Is The New Yellow”
10. Andrew Bayer “From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)”
11. Bart Claessen “90 Nights Of Summer”
12. Above & Beyond & Gareth Emery pres. OceanLab “On A Good Day [Metropolis]”
13. Thomas Datt pres. Asedo “Seven Years”
14. Daniel Kandi “Piece Of Me”
1. Andrew Bayer “A Farewell (Intro Edit)”
2. Andrew Bayer “The Taxi Driver”
3. Arty “The Wonder”
4. 7 Skies “Sushi”
5. Lange “Live Forever Feat. Emma Hewitt (Mat Zo Dub)”
6. Who.Is “We.Are”
7. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford “Thing Called Love (Club Mix)”
8. David West feat. Andreas Hermansson “Larry Mountains 54 (Juventa Remix)”
9. Adam Nickey “Altara”
10. Daniel Kandi “Forgive Me”
11. Super8 & Tab feat. Jan Burton “Mercy (Extended Mix)”
12. Alt+F4 “Alt+F4 (Dan Stone Remix)”
13. Nitrous Oxide “Dreamcatcher (Club Mix)”
14. Oceanlab vs. Passive Progressive “Sky Falls Away”
You can pre-order the album below.
[iframe http://www.anjunabeats.com/anjunabeats-volume-8-mixed-by-above-and-beyond/ 620px 820px]